Step by step instructions for moving a WordPress site between servers using ‘duplicator’ plugin.
1. Install duplicator
Login to WP admin area. Click Plugins. Search for ‘Duplicator’ plugin and install.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Click on the Duplicator link from the main menu
4. Create your first package.
You will go through a verification check of the setup. Fix any issues that duplicator finds.
5. FTP installer.php and packageName_archive.zip to destination server (download to PC, upload to new server).
1. Move installer.php and package.zip file into document root directory.
2. Install WP through Plesk. This step is only necessary if you want Plesk to recognize the WP installation.
3. Look in the wp-config.php file and make a note of mysql db, user, password and then rename file to be wp-config.php.back.
4. Run the installer.php script. Adjust domain name and mysql settings.
5. Verify successful migration.
6. Remove migration files: installer.php, installer-data.sql, installer-log.txt, packageName_archive.zip, wp-config.php.back